The terrible truth about Godís love is
that there is nothing I can do to earn it. This is hard to accept,
because I live in a performance-oriented society that tells me I have to
pay the price for the good things of life. Everything worth having must
be earned. Everything, except Godís love.
One of the traps of performance-oriented spirituality is attempting to
be worthy of Godís love. I may accept the fact that I cannot earn it,
after all, itís freely given. Therefore, I will not try. However, I
will do everything possible to be worthy of it. Itís the least I can do
under the circumstances. This is wrong, wrong, wrong. This is a
disguised form of trying to earn Godís love by going through the back
door of being worthy.
There is nothing I can do to earn Godís love or make Him love me more.
God already loves me from the top of my head to the tip of my toes, and
it doesnít get any better than that. My job is to open my heart and
mind to the power of his love and to pass it on to other people. Itís
that simple. For as long as I live, I must max out on Godís love.
2. You have a personal relationship with God based on love.
That means you fall in love with God.
3. You send your love back to God through loving other people.
God's arms of love become your arms. God's heart of love becomes
your heart. God's voice of love becomes your voice. You fall
in love with other people.
4. You practice God's presence every day, all day long.
5. You give up the need to be right and switch the focus of your
life to love.
6. You move in the direction of the dream that God has placed in
your heart. You act as if that dream is possible and work each day
to make it happen.
7. You use prayer to do a reality check and to align yourself with
God's dream for your life. You trust God's dream because it's good
for you and perfect for the type of person who you are.
8. You open your heart and mind to the power of God's love.
His love washes the toxic waste out of your mind, and heals your damaged
9. You live congruently as a whole person with your intellect,
emotions, and will all heading in the same direction. You become
an Unstoppable, Consistently Positive, Endlessly Persistent, Doer of
10. You spend the rest of your life focusing on God's love and putting
good things into your mind.